September Exceptional Estates Auction
Gallery is open for preview Friday, September 29, from 10-5 AND auction day at 11 AM.
Clearwater, Florida 33760
Contemporary Art, Fine Watches, Important Sports Cards
SATURDAY, September 30, 2023
12PM ET – bid with us in person, online, absentee or by phone.
Click Here to view full catalog
THE HOLY GRAIL OF CORVETTES
The 1963 Stingray Split Window, with period-correct 327cid V8. Leather option. A/C.
An outstanding selection of 20th century art, including Thomas Hart Benton, Salvador Dali, Shin Sang Ho, Lesley Dill, Jim Dine, Alexander Calder, Alex Katz, Roy Lee Ward, Mark Keathley, Darryl Pottorf, Frederic Remington, Ed Ruscha, Kiki Smith, Leroy Neiman, Mose Tolliver (Moset), Kurt Larisch, Larry Rivers, Norman Rockwell, Victor Vasarely, Robert Rauschenberg and more.
A show-stopping collection, including Rolex, Cartier, Vacheron & Constantin, Baume & Mercier, Omega, Bell & Ross, Bulova, Mont Blanc, Tag Heuer and others.
IMPORTANT SPORTS CARDS
A one-of-one Cy Young cut signature card. An uncut sheet of Topps 1976 football, with the Walter Payton rookie card dead center. Key rookie cards of basketball legends Pete Maravich, Michael Jordan, Julius Erving, Shaquille O’Neal, Rick Barry, John Havlicek, Moses Malone and others, many high-grade.
Three authentic Emmy Award statues, from the estate of a 13-time Emmy-winning cameraman.
A Civil War rarity: an authentic LeMat grapeshot revolver. Several pistols and long guns.
CHINA POSTAGE STAMPS
Three Lighthouse albums of Chinese stamps. Includes key issues and sets.
OTHER EXCEPTIONAL ITEMS
A carved Black Forest bears bench, several fabulous bronze sculptures, fine jewelry, Navajo and Zuni art and jewelry, a 45” Hindenburg model, Chinese antiques and ceramics.
PLEASE NOTE OUR TERMS REGARDING INVOICES, PAYMENTS, AND SHIPPING. When you register to bid, you agree to our terms.
Online bidding available through our app, Bidsquare, Live Auctioneers, Invaluable, and HiBid. Phone bids (greater of $100 or posted opening bid) and absentee bids accepted -- form is on our website. HiBid, app, in-person, phone and absentee bidders pay the lowest buyer premium of 17%. Not local? No problem – we can ship some items worldwide and provide you with a list of shippers for the other items.
Blackwell Auctions terms:
* All items sold "AS IS, WHERE IS" with all faults.
* All descriptions believed accurate but not warranteed. The absence of a condition report does NOT imply that an object(s) is free of defects, wear or restoration.
* Bidder inspection is encouraged.
* By placing a bid, bidder signifies that they have examined the items to their satisfaction, or that they have chosen not to personally examine them.
* We run multiple online bidding venues and also have phone bidders and absentee bidders. There is no guarantee that your online bid will be accepted, especially if your bid is tied with bids on another venue. When you are looking at where the bidding currently stands on an item you’re bidding on, please be aware that bidding is also happening on several other sites, and the sites do not communicate with each other. The bidding venue you use will automatically advance your absentee bids, and does give preference to bids left earlier than others, but when the auction is live and our clerks are covering each venue, we have no way of knowing what bids were placed first. We do our best to rotate winning tie bids throughout our online venues. If you are concerned about losing a bid due to a tie, please consider registering to be a phone bidder with us. Notifications you may receive from bidding venues during or after the auction should NOT be considered as proof of won lots. All bids must be downloaded and verified against live clerking results the first business day after the auction. If you are the winning bidder, you will be emailed an invoice the week after the auction.
* We reserve the right to reject any bid at our sole discretion.
*Our online buyer premium is 20% on BidSquare, 22% on Live Auctioneers, and Invaluable/AuctionZip. Our in-house buyer premium is 17% and applies to bids placed in person, absentee, by phone, on our bidding app and on HiBid.
*Absentee and phone bids are accepted for bidders who pre-register with us directly and provide payment information. The absentee bid form available on our website must be submitted by 5 PM the day prior to auction day. The minimum for phone bids is $100 or the starting bid, whichever is greater. We will collect your credit card information over the phone once we have received the form -- we do not ask you to provide that information on the form itself.
* The Florida Department of Revenue does not accept out of state resale certificates. If the buyer takes delivery of the item in Florida, either in person or via mail, and does not have a valid FL resale certificate, applicable sales tax of 7% must be collected. Out of state dealers may produce a signed affidavit certifying that items are for resale, and then sales tax can be removed.
* If the bidder and Blackwell Auctions mutually agree once an item is received that it was not accurately described, returns may be authorized and the hammer price and buyer premium will be refunded.
* Invoices over $2,000 for USA buyers will require payment via cashiers check, bank wire transfer, or ACH debit directly into our account. All international transactions over $500 must be completed via bank wire transfer.
*Online bidders will be invoiced the week after the auction directly via email with payment instructions. If you are local, please wait until you receive your invoice before coming to the gallery – it takes us most of the first post-auction business day to download the winning bidders and prepare invoices, and then we send local invoices first. If you have not received an invoice from us via email within 3 business days after the auction, please check your spam folder for firstname.lastname@example.org. Payment is expected within 7 days of the invoice being received. We do not have access to your payment info on some online venues - we invoice directly. If a wire transfer is necessary, payment is expected within 7 days of invoicing, after which time an unpaid item dispute will be opened. Items will no longer be available one week after a dispute is opened.
*Personal checks are accepted -- shipping will be held until the check clears.
*Partial payment (deposit/layaway) arrangements may be allowable on a very limited case-by-case basis, which must be requested PRIOR to auction day. In any case, however, items not paid for in full (including buyer premium, taxes and shipping, if applicable) within 30 days of auction's close will be considered abandoned. Any deposits collected will be forfeit.
Shipping: Each auction item notes in its catalog description whether it can be shipped in-house or will require 3rd party shipping by your own arrangements.
*For many small items, we provide in-house packing and shipping via UPS and USPS that is done with excellence and is competitively priced. We are using new shipping software that better allows us to provide you with real-time updates and tracking. Once your initial invoice is paid, our shipping department will prepare your package and send you an invoice for shipping costs. Your invoice will indicate if we’re able to ship your item, and you are also welcome to contact local third-party shippers or make your own arrangements for pickup or shipping. Items that can be shipped in-house are noted in the catalog. Please see the Terms page on our website for more information on shipping carriers’ insurance policies.
*Some items must be shipped by your own arrangements — you will need to contact vendors directly for quotes and to make arrangements, and you will pay them directly. Items that require 3rd party shipping by your own arrangements are noted in the catalog. As a courtesy, we provide a resource list for you, below.
*Purchases left at the gallery 30 days after the auction will be considered abandoned and will become the property of Blackwell Auctions, with no refund given.
As a courtesy, we provide this resource list for you when making your own shipping arrangements, but you may use any vendor you wish. Your transaction with any 3rd party shipper is entirely between you and the shipper. We are not responsible for fees, handling, timeline, insurance, damage claims or any other part of the transaction with the shipper you choose. Once your items are removed from our gallery, your transaction with us is complete.
o UPS store 4567: email@example.com phone: (727)725-9985 option #9 to speak directly with an associate.
o UPS store 6886: Auction@store6886.com phone:(727)513-2400
o ORBIT PROFESSIONAL PACKING CRATING (888) 247-8540 or 727-507-7447 firstname.lastname@example.org www.orbitppc.com (U.S. & International)
o CRATERS & FREIGHTERS (813) 889-9008 ( 877) 448-7447 Fax (813) 884-8393 Tampa@cratersandfreighters.com www.cratersandfreighters.com (U.S. & International)
o We’ve had several buyers be pleased with this service -- https://www.uship.com/
Blackwell Auctions observes all Federal, state and local gun laws. Only the registered bidder may pay for and pick up firearm(s) after the mandatory three-day waiting period (excluding weekends and legal holidays), if applicable. DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, PURCHASE A FIREARM FOR ANOTHER PERSON. Blackwell Auctions may, at its discretion, refuse a bid for any reason.
For local pickups, Blackwell Auctions charges a $20 processing fee. Firearm sales to Florida residents (with the exception of muzzleloaders or antique arms manufactured before 1898) will be subject to and must pass the FDLE Background Check. The purchaser will be required to fill out ATF Form 4473 and provide a valid government-issued photo identification. If you are NOT a Florida resident, you may not take direct, in-person possession of a firearm.
If you are not local, your firearm must be shipped to the holder of a Federal Firearms License (FFL). We hold an FFL and will ship to the FFL of your choice. Some firearms may also be shipped to the holder of a C&R (Curios & Relics) - please inquire. Muzzleloaders or antique arms manufactured before 1898 do not require any licenses and may be shipped directly to you.
Do not bid on a firearm if -- by judgment or disability -- you may not legally possess a firearm. Any attempt to circumvent Federal, state or local laws governing firearm sales will be reported to local law enforcement and to the ATF field office.
You must be 21 years old to purchase firearms and ammunition. You are responsible for knowing if your state bars a certain type of firearm/ammo/accessory from being shipped to you. Know your laws BEFORE bidding.
Winning bidders will be invoiced the week following the auction. Once you recieve your invoice you can pick up your item/s at the gallery. Pick up times are Monday - Friday 10-4pm.